C++ Data Structures and Algorithm Design Principles
- Paperback: 626 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 31, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838828842
- ISBN-13: 978-1838828844
C++ Data Structures and Algorithm Design Principles: Get started with C++ programming by learning how to build applications using its data structures and algorithms
C++ is a mature multi-paradigm programming language that enables you to write high-level code with a high degree of control over the hardware. Today, significant parts of software infrastructure, including databases, browsers, multimedia frameworks, and GUI toolkits, are written in C++.
This book starts by introducing C++ data structures and how to store data using linked lists, arrays, stacks, and queues. In later chapters, the book explains the basic algorithm design paradigms, such as the greedy approach and the divide-and-conquer approach, which are used to solve a large variety of computational problems. Finally, you will learn the advanced technique of dynamic programming to develop optimized implementations of several algorithms discussed in the book.
- Build applications using hash tables, dictionaries, and sets
- Explore how modern hardware affects the actual run-time performance of programs
- Apply common algorithms such as heapsort and merge sort for string data types
- Use C++ template metaprogramming to write code libraries
- Implement a URL shortening service using a bloom filter
- Use appropriate modern C++ idioms such as std:: array instead of C-style arrays
By the end of this C++ Data Structures and Algorithm Design Principles book, you will have learned how to implement standard data structures and algorithms in efficient and scalable C++17 code.