Building CI/CD Systems Using Tekton
- Paperback: 278 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 17, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801078211
- ISBN-13: 978-1801078214
Building CI/CD Systems Using Tekton: Automate the delivery of applications using Tekton Pipelines and Triggers to deploy new releases quickly and more efficiently
Tekton is a powerful yet flexible Kubernetes-native open source framework for creating continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) systems. It enables you to build, test, and deploy across multiple cloud providers or on-premise systems.
Building CI/CD Systems Using Tekton covers everything you need to know to start building your pipeline and automating application delivery in a cloud-native environment. Using a hands-on approach, you will learn about the basic building blocks, such as tasks, pipelines, and workspaces, which you can use to compose your CI/CD pipelines. As you progress, you will understand how to use these Tekton objects in conjunction with Tekton Triggers to automate the delivery of your application in a Kubernetes cluster.
- Understand the basic principles behind CI/CD
- Explore what tasks are and how they can be made reusable and flexible
- Focus on how to use Tekton objects to compose a robust pipeline
- Share data across a pipeline using volumes and workspaces
- Discover more advanced topics such as WhenExpressions and Secrets to build complex pipelines
- Understand what Tekton Triggers are and how they can be used to automate CI/CD pipelines
- Build a full CI/CD pipeline that automatically deploys an application to a Kubernetes cluster when an update is done to a code repository
By the end of this Building CI/CD Systems Using Tekton book, you will have learned how to compose Tekton Pipelines and use them with Tekton Triggers to build powerful CI/CD systems.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Belly Band Elastic Shield Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]