- Paperback: 356 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 21, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9355513623
- ISBN-13: 978-9355513625
Breaking Ransomware: Crack a ransomware by identifying and exploiting weaknesses in its design
Ransomware is a type of malware that is used by cybercriminals. So, to break that malware and find loopholes, you will first have to understand the details of ransomware. If you are looking to understand the internals of ransomware and how you can analyze and detect it, then this book is for you.
This book starts with an overview of ransomware and its building blocks. The book will then help you understand the different types of cryptographic algorithms and how these encryption and decryption algorithms fit in the current ransomware architectures. Moving on, the book focuses on the ransomware architectural details and shows how malware authors handle key management. It also explores different techniques used for ransomware assessment. Lastly, the book will help you understand how to detect a loophole and crack ransomware encryption.
- Get familiar with the structure of Portable Executable file format
- Understand the crucial concepts related to Export Directory and Export Address Table
- Explore different techniques used for ransomware static and dynamic analysis
- Learn how to investigate a ransomware attack
- Get expert tips to mitigate ransomware attacks
By the end of this Breaking Ransomware book, you will be able to identify and combat the hidden weaknesses in the internal components of ransomware.