Blockchain for Decision Makers
- Paperback: 184 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 26, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838552278
- ISBN-13: 978-1838552275
Blockchain for Decision Makers: Understand how blockchain works and explore a variety of strategies to implement it in your organization effectively
In addition to cryptocurrencies, blockchain-based apps are being developed in different industries such as banking, supply chain, and healthcare to achieve digital transformation and enhance user experience. Blockchain is not only about Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies, but also about different technologies such as peer-to-peer networks, consensus mechanisms, and cryptography. These technologies together help sustain trustless environments in which digital value can be transferred between individuals without intermediaries.
This book will help you understand the basics of blockchain such as consensus protocols, decentralized applications, and tokenization. You’ll focus on how blockchain is used today in different industries and the technological challenges faced while implementing a blockchain strategy. The book also enables you, as a decision maker, to understand blockchain from a technical perspective and evaluate its applicability in your business. Finally, you’ll get to grips with blockchain frameworks such as Hyperledger and Quorum and their usability.
- Become well-versed with how blockchain works
- Understand the difference between blockchain and Bitcoin
- Learn how blockchain is being used in different industry verticals such as finance and retail
- Delve into the technological and organizational challenges of implementing blockchain
- Explore the possibilities that blockchain can unlock for decision makers
- Choose a blockchain framework best suited for your projects from options such as Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric
By the end of this Blockchain for Decision Makers book, you’ll have learned about the current use cases of blockchain and be able to implement a blockchain strategy on your own.