Beginning Ethereum Smart Contracts Programming, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 387 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (April 8, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484292707
- ISBN-13: 978-1484292709
Use this Beginning Ethereum Smart Contracts Programming, 2nd Edition book to write an Ethereum blockchain smart contract, test it, deploy it, and create a web application to interact with your smart contract. This new edition has been expanded and updated to cover web3.js APIs, additional Consensus Protocols, non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs), developing NFT tokens using ERC-721, and more!
Beginning Ethereum Smart Contracts Programming, 2nd Edition is your fastest and most efficient means of getting started if you are unsure where to begin and how to connect to the Ethereum blockchain. The book begins with a foundational discussion of blockchain and the motivation behind it. From there, you will get up close and personal with the Ethereum blockchain, learning how to use an Ethereum client (geth) to create a private Ethereum blockchain to perform transactions such as sending Ethers to another account on another node.
- Understand the basic premise of blockchain and “record keeping” in a peer-to-peer network
- Experience blockchain in action by creating your own blockchain using Python
- Know the foundation of smart contracts programming and how to deploy and test smart contracts
- Work on a case study to illustrate the use of blockchain
- Be familiar with tokens, and how to create and launch your own ICO digital token
- Write smart contracts that transact using tokens