Beginning Database Programming Using ASP.NET Core 3
- Paperback: 481 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (December 13, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484255089
- ISBN-13: 978-1484255087
Beginning Database Programming Using ASP.NET Core 3: With MVC, Razor Pages, Web API, jQuery, Angular, SQL Server, and NoSQL
Hit the ground running with this book to quickly learn the fundamentals of HTML form processing, user authentication, and database CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) operations using the ASP.NET Core family of technologies. You will utilize cutting-edge and popular technology options from both the server side and client side to help you achieve your web application goals as quickly as possible.
What You Will Learn
- Develop data entry forms in ASP.NET Core, complete with validations and processing
- Perform CRUD operations using server-side options: ASP.NET Core MVC, Razor Pages, Web APIs, and Blazor
- Perform CRUD operations using client-side options: jQuery and Angular
- Secure web applications using ASP.NET Core Identity, cookie authentication, and JWT authentication
- Use RDBMS and NoSQL data stores: SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, Azure Cosmos DB, and MongoDB for CRUD operations
- Deploy ASP.NET Core web applications to IIS and Azure App Service
Developers who want to learn ASP.NET Core and complementary technologies are often overwhelmed by the large number of options involved in building modern web applications. This Beginning Database Programming Using ASP.NET Core 3 book introduces you to the most popular options so that you can confidently begin working on projects in no time. You will learn by example, building a sample application that demonstrates how the same application can be built using different options. This experiential approach will give you the basic skills and knowledge to understand how the options work together so that you can make an informed decision about the available choices, their trade-offs, and code level comparison. After reading this book, you will be able to choose your selected learning path.