Beginning Android Tablet Application Development
- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (August 9, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118106733
- ISBN-13: 978-1118106730
Beginning Android Tablet Application Development: A full-color, fast-paced introduction to developing tablet applications using Android
The new release of Android 3 brings the full power of Android to tablet computing and this hands-on guide offers an introduction to developing tablet applications using this new Android release. Veteran author Wei-Meng Lee explains how Android 3 is specifically optimized for tablet computing and he details Android’s tablet-specific functions. Beginning with the basics, this book moves at a steady pace to provide everything you need to know to begin successfully developing your own Android tablet applications.
- Serves as a full-color, hands-on introduction to developing tablet applications with the new Android 3
- Offers a helpful overview of Android 3 programming for tablets
- Details the components of Android tablet applications
- Highlights ways to build the Android user interface for tablets, create location-based services, publish Android applications, use Eclipse for Android development, and employ the Android emulator
Beginning Android Tablet Application Development is an ideal starting point for getting started with using Android 3 to develop tablet applications.
From the Back Cover
Beginning Android Tablet Application Development: A full-color introduction to Android tablet development
The new release of Android 3 brings the full power of Android to tablet computing! This hands-on guide offers first-time and new Android programmers a fast-paced introduction to developing tablet applications using the new Android release. Veteran author Wei-Meng Lee begins by explaining how to install the necessary tools and write the customary “hello world” application. He then quickly moves on to cover the various components of an Android tablet application. You’ll quickly get up to speed with Android 3 as you build a selection of sample tablet projects that will help you to successfully develop your own Android tablet applications.
Beginning Android Tablet Application Development:
- Builds a versatile Android UI using fragments to dynamically populate activities
- Displays commonly used functions using Action Bar items
- Examines the Android user interface and helps you gain an understanding of the components of a screen
- Shows how to create location-based services applications
- Details how to build a location-monitoring application
- Helps you create a sample application and walks you through the steps of publishing your app on the Android market
- Discusses using Eclipse for Android development and using the Android simulator
WOW! eBook Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
About the Author
Wei-Meng Lee is a technologist and founder of Developer Learning Solutions (www.learn2develop.net), a technology company that specializes in hands-on training in the latest Microsoft and Apple technologies. He writes extensively for online publications and magazines and is the author of Beginning iOS 4 Application Development, Beginning Android Application Development, and many other technology books and articles.
[download id=”284″ format=”1″]