Architecting High-Performance Embedded Systems
- Paperback: 376 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 5, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789955963
- ISBN-13: 978-1789955965
Architecting High-Performance Embedded Systems: Explore the complete process of developing systems based on field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), including the design of electronic circuits and the construction and debugging of prototype embedded devices
Modern digital devices used in homes, cars, and wearables contain highly sophisticated computing capabilities composed of embedded systems that generate, receive, and process digital data streams at rates up to multiple gigabits per second. This book will show you how to use Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) and high-speed digital circuit design to create your own cutting-edge digital systems.
Architecting High-Performance Embedded Systems takes you through the fundamental concepts of embedded systems, including real-time operation and the Internet of Things (IoT), and the architecture and capabilities of the latest generation of FPGAs. Using powerful free tools for FPGA design and electronic circuit design, you’ll learn how to design, build, test, and debug high-performance FPGA-based IoT devices. The book will also help you get up to speed with embedded system design, circuit design, hardware construction, firmware development, and debugging to produce a high-performance embedded device – a network-based digital oscilloscope. You’ll explore techniques such as designing four-layer printed circuit boards with high-speed differential signal pairs and assembling the board using surface-mount components.
- Understand the fundamentals of real-time embedded systems and sensors
- Discover the capabilities of FPGAs and how to use FPGA development tools
- Learn the principles of digital circuit design and PCB layout with KiCad
- Construct high-speed circuit board prototypes at low cost
- Design and develop high-performance algorithms for FPGAs
- Develop robust, reliable, and efficient firmware in C
- Thoroughly test and debug embedded device hardware and firmware
By the end of the Architecting High-Performance Embedded Systems book, you’ll have a solid understanding of the concepts underlying embedded systems and FPGAs and will be able to design and construct your own sophisticated digital devices.