Applied Embedded Electronics
- Paperback: 596 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 26, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1098144791
- ISBN-13: 978-1098144791
Applied Embedded Electronics: Design Essentials for Robust Systems
Embedded controller electronics are at the heart of virtually all modern electronic devices today with a market of more than $86 billion per year and growing. To serve the needs of designers creating products for this huge market, this practical book covers topics crucial for modern electronics design.
Author Jerry Twomey examines the methods necessary to help you create a trouble-free integrated system for your product, with an emphasis on hardware design. You’ll explore topics from the perspective of real-world applications, including discussions about non-ideal components, noise, and methods for avoiding problematic scenarios.
- Ideal versus actual connections, components, digital, signals
- Architecting an embedded system
- Digital interface selection by application, speed, distance
- Multivoltage power supplies
- High frequency power integrity
- Battery and charging systems
- EMI reduction and ESD protection
- Driving and sensing peripherals
- Digital feedback control
- Optimization of power consumption and cost
- Specialty systems: medical, industrial, aerospace
- PCB design including manufacturability, yield, and low noise
This Applied Embedded Electronics book guides you through all of the techniques listed, which are required for a reliable integrated system. Through extensive illustrations and minimal equations, anyone with an interest in electronics will quickly grasp the ideas discussed.