Application Security Program Handbook
- Paperback: 296 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 27, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 163343981X
- ISBN-13: 978-1633439818
Application Security Program Handbook: A guide for software engineers and team leaders: Stop dangerous threats and secure your vulnerabilities without slowing down delivery. This practical book is a one-stop guide to implementing a robust application security program.
The Application Security Program Handbook teaches you to implement a robust program of security throughout your development process. It goes well beyond the basics, detailing flexible security fundamentals that can adapt and evolve to new and emerging threats. Its service-oriented approach is perfectly suited to the fast pace of modern development. Your team will quickly switch from viewing security as a chore to an essential part of their daily work. Follow the expert advice in this guide and you’ll reliably deliver software that is free from security defects and critical vulnerabilities.
Application security is much more than a protective layer bolted onto your code. Real security requires coordinating practices, people, tools, technology, and processes throughout the life cycle of a software product. This book provides a reproducible, step-by-step road map to building a successful application security program.
In the Application Security Program Handbook you will learn:
- Why application security is so important to modern software
- Application security tools you can use throughout the development lifecycle
- Creating threat models
- Rating discovered risks
- Gap analysis on security tools
- Mitigating web application vulnerabilities
- Creating a DevSecOps pipeline
- Application security as a service model
- Reporting structures that highlight the value of application security
- Creating a software security ecosystem that benefits development
- Setting up your program for continuous improvement
The Application Security Program Handbook delivers effective guidance on establishing and maturing a comprehensive software security plan. In it, you’ll master techniques for assessing your current application security, determining whether vendor tools are delivering what you need, and modeling risks and threats. As you go, you’ll learn both how to secure a software application end to end and also how to build a rock-solid process to keep it safe.