Android Programming for Beginners – Third Edition
- Paperback: 742 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 9, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800563434
- ISBN-13: 978-1800563438
Android Programming for Beginners, 3rd Edition: Learn the Java and Android skills you need to start developing powerful mobile applications with the help of actionable steps
Do you want to make a career in programming but don’t know where to start? Do you have a great idea for an app but don’t know how to make it a reality? Or are you worried that you’ll have to learn Java programming to become an Android developer? Look no further! This new and expanded Android Programming for Beginners, Third Edition will be your guide to creating Android applications from scratch.
The book starts by introducing you to all the fundamental concepts of programming in an Android context, from the basics of Java to working with the Android API. You’ll learn with the help of examples that use up-to-date API classes and are created within Android Studio, the official Android development environment that helps supercharge your mobile application development process. After a crash course on the key programming concepts, you’ll explore Android programming and get to grips with creating applications with a professional-standard UI using fragments and storing user data with SQLite. This Android Java book also shows you how you can make your apps multilingual, draw on the screen with a finger, and work with graphics, sound, and animations.
- Understand the fundamentals of coding in Java for Android
- Install and set up your Android development environment
- Build functional user interfaces with the Android Studio visual designer
- Add user interaction, data captures, sound, and animation to your apps
- Manage your apps’ data using the built-in Android SQLite database
- Explore the design patterns used by professionals to build top-grade applications
- Build real-world Android applications that you can deploy to the Google Play marketplace
By the end of this Android Programming for Beginners, 3rd Edition book, you’ll be ready to start building your own custom applications in Android and Java.