Agile Technical Practices Distilled
- Paperback: 442 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 28, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838980849
- ISBN-13: 978-1838980849
Agile Technical Practices Distilled: Delve deep into the various technical practices, principles, and values of Agile
The number of popular technical practices has grown exponentially in the last few years. Learning the common fundamental software development practices can help you become a better programmer. This book uses the term Agile as a wide umbrella and covers Agile principles and practices, as well as most methodologies associated with it.
You’ll begin by discovering how driver-navigator, chess clock, and other techniques used in the pair programming approach introduce discipline while writing code. You’ll then learn to safely change the design of your code using refactoring. While learning these techniques, you’ll also explore various best practices to write efficient tests. The concluding chapters of the book delve deep into the SOLID principles – the five design principles that you can use to make your software more understandable, flexible and maintainable.
- Apply the red, green, refactor cycle of TDD to solve procedural problems
- Implement the various techniques used in the pair programming approach
- Use code smells as feedback
- Test your production code using mocks and stubs
- Refactor legacy code to bring it in line with modern Agile standards
- Apply the object calisthenics ruleset to enhance your software design
By the end of the Agile Technical Practices Distilled book, you will have discovered new ideas for improving your software design skills, the relationship within your team, and the way your business works.