Agile Product and Project Management
- Paperback: 365 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 23, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484281993
- ISBN-13: 978-1484281994
Agile Product and Project Management: A Step-by-Step Guide to Building the Right Products Right
Use this comprehensive Agile Product and Project Management guide with real-world case studies and examples for self-learning or as a student textbook. Whether you are a CEO or a student, this book will take you from Agile delivery to team topology and product-market fit.
Agile delivery is becoming a mainstream project management framework, increasing demand for an understanding of modern related concepts. Agile Product and Project Management covers IT delivery and project management basics while approaching IT as a customer-centric product delivery ecosystem.
- The Objectives and Key Results (OKR) framework, which explains why every project has to align with organizational objectives and how these objectives are used to measure project success
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban, XP), Waterfall, and hybrid product and project management practices, and how to apply the “working backwards” framework from the customer to IT projects
- The Lean Startup framework of product design, based on the “build-measure-learn” feedback loop, and compared with Waterfall requirements gathering and project scope management
- Design Thinking and customer research practices
- The product backlog taxonomy (epic, user story, subtask, bug, etc.), prioritization techniques, ongoing backlog maintenance, and stakeholder communication
- Major aspects of IT delivery, including Agile teams, roles, frameworks, and success criteria
- Waterfall planning and Scrum, in detail, including its Sprint structure, artifacts, roles, and ceremonies (meetings) as well as a comparison of Agile scaling frameworks
- Case studies of modern technology leaders, from startups to FAANG
- Examples of release plans and delivery reports based on actual projects in a wide range of companies, ways to minimize technical debt, implement DevOps, and establish quality management practices for software products
- Effective ways of managing dependencies and delivering products that delight customers and made the Silicon Valley giants successful and allowed for rapid business growth
The book covers two major topics: building the RIGHT product and building the product RIGHT. Each chapter builds on the materials in the previous chapter. Terminology and exercises are introduced sequentially. The book takes you on a journey from identifying a product using Agile principles to delivering and iterating on this process, step-by-step. The final chapter provides practical advice on role-based interviews, career progression, professional certifications and affiliations, and communities of practice.