Advanced API Security, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 449 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (January 7, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484220498
- ISBN-13: 978-1484220498
Advanced API Security: OAuth 2.0 and Beyond, 2nd Edition provides hands-on tutorials covering key aspects in API security
Prepare for the next wave of challenges in enterprise security. Learn to better protect, monitor, and manage your public and private APIs.
Enterprise APIs have become the common way of exposing business functions to the outside world. Exposing functionality is convenient, but of course comes with a risk of exploitation. This book teaches you about TLS Token Binding, User Managed Access (UMA) 2.0, Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS), Incremental Authorization, Proof Key for Code Exchange (PKCE), and Token Exchange. Benefit from lessons learned from analyzing multiple attacks that have taken place by exploiting security vulnerabilities in various OAuth 2.0 implementations. Explore root causes, and improve your security practices to mitigate against similar future exploits.
What You Will Learn
- Securely design, develop, and deploy enterprise APIs
- Pick security standards and protocols to match business needs
- Mitigate security exploits by understanding the OAuth 2.0 threat landscape
- Federate identities to expand business APIs beyond the corporate firewall
- Protect microservices at the edge by securing their APIs
- Develop native mobile applications to access APIs securely
- Integrate applications with SaaS APIs protected with OAuth 2.0
Security must be an integral part of any development project. This Advanced API Security: OAuth 2.0 and Beyond, 2nd Edition book shares best practices in designing APIs for rock-solid security. API security has evolved since the first edition of this book, and the growth of standards has been exponential. OAuth 2.0 is the most widely adopted framework that is used as the foundation for standards, and this book shows you how to apply OAuth 2.0 to your own situation in order to secure and protect your enterprise APIs from exploitation and attack.