Real-World Solutions for Developing High-Quality PHP Frameworks and Applications
- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: Wrox; 1st edition (May 10, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470872497
- ISBN-13: 978-0470872499
Learn to develop high-quality applications and frameworks in PHP: Real-World Solutions for Developing High-Quality and Creative PHP Frameworks and Applications
Packed with in-depth information and step-by-step guidance, this book escorts you through the process of creating, maintaining and extending sustainable software of high quality with PHP. World’s renowned PHP experts present real-world case studies for developing high-quality applications and frameworks in PHP that can easily be adapted to changing business requirements. They offer different approaches to solving typical development and quality assurance problems that every developer needs to know and master.
- Details the process for creating high-quality PHP frameworks and applications that can easily be adapted to changing business requirements
- Covers the planning, execution, and automation of tests for the different layers and tiers of a Web application
- Demonstrates how to establish a successful development process
- Shares real-world case studies from well-known companies and their PHP experts
With this book, you’ll learn to develop high-quality PHP frameworks and applications that can easily be maintained with reasonable cost and effort.
From the Back Cover
Real-World Solutions for Developing High-Quality PHP Frameworks and Applications: Develop high-quality applications and frameworks in PHP
PHP has risen to become one of the most popular programming languages in the world, making high-quality, sustainable applications and frameworks created in PHP more sought after than ever. Using real-world case studies from well-known companies, this valuable book presents the planning, execution, and automation of tests for the different layers and tiers of a web software architecture and explains how these companies measure and test the quality of their software. The authors and contributing PHP experts offer varying opinions as to how problems are solved so that you can benefit from different approaches prior to developing your own apps and frameworks in PHP.
Real-World Solutions for Developing High-Quality PHP Frameworks and Applications:
- Looks at the characteristics of good internal and external software quality
- Shares techniques for writing new code, changing and optimizing existing code, and finding and fixing bugs
- Reveals bad testing practices so you know what to avoid
- Addresses how to test service-oriented APIs, a WebDAV server, and many PHP frameworks
- Reviews large-scale selenium-based testing and testing database interaction
Wrox guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think. Written by programmers for programmers, they provide a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Sebastian Bergmann is a cofounder of The PHP Consulting Company. He is a thought leader on software quality assurance and author of PHPUnit and various other tools. He is a sought-after speaker at conferences around the world.
Stefan Priebsch is a cofounder of The PHP Consulting Company, helping customers to improve their development processes and make better use of PHP. He is the author of various books and a frequent speaker at IT conferences.Real-World Solutions for Developing High-Quality PHP Frameworks and Applications (319)