Professional SharePoint 2010 Cloud-Based Solutions
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Wrox; 1st edition (November 22, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118076575
- ISBN-13: 978-1118076576
Professional SharePoint 2010 Cloud-Based Solutions
If you want to be part of the next major shift in the IT industry, you’ll want this book. Melding two of the hottest trends in the industry the widespread popularity of the SharePoint collaboration platform and the rapid rise of cloud computing this practical guide shows developers how to extend their SharePoint solutions with the cloud’s almost limitless capabilities. See how to get started, discover smart ways to leverage cloud data and services through Azure, start incorporating Twitter or LinkedIn into your solutions, find the best ways to secure everything, and much more.
- Shows developers how to use Microsoft SharePoint 2010 to create scalable, cloud-based solutions
- Melds the hottest new trend in the industry developing, hosting, managing, or storing code in the cloud with what SharePoint developers need to know to weave these technologies into their solutions
- Provides developer patterns, real-world examples, and invaluable walkthroughs
- Topics include SQL Azure for data management and BI, building an Azure-based corporate tax service, connecting Linked In and SharePoint profile data, creating a filterable Twitter dashboard, leveraging Bing Maps Geo services, maintaining security, and more
An authoritative guide to extending SharePoint’s power with cloud-based services
Professional SharePoint 2010 Cloud-Based Solutions: SharePoint developers, discover exciting new ways to extend SharePoint’s functionality with this practical and content-rich guide.
From the Back Cover
Professional SharePoint 2010 Cloud-Based Solutions: Discover how to extend SharePoint’s power with cloud-based services
Melding two of the hottest trends in the industry the widespread popularity of the SharePoint collaboration platform and the rapid rise of cloud computing this practical guide shows you how to extend the authors’ SharePoint solutions with the cloud’s almost limitless capabilities. The book begins with an introduction of what the cloud is and then walks you through your first SharePoint and cloud application. You’ll discover smart and exciting ways to extend SharePoint’s functionality with the cloud, enabling you to confidently maximize the potential of this powerful online collaborative tool.
Professional SharePoint 2010 Cloud-Based Solutions:
- Gets you started using SharePoint 2010 with the cloud
- Shows you how to deploy services and resources to Windows Azure to use in SharePoint
- Zeroes in on SQL Azure and shows you how to use it for data management and business intelligence
- Defines a mashup and shows you how to build a mashup application
- Demonstrates ways to secure cloud solutions using claims-based authentication
- Walks you through managing customer information in SharePoint Online
- Takes you step by step through creating a Twitter® trends report, connecting to LinkedIn®, and leveraging Bing Maps Geo Services in business solutions
Wrox Professional guides are written by working developers to address everyday needs. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
About the Author
The authors all work for the Developer and Platform Evangelism (DPE) team at Microsoft. They spend most of their time developing SharePoint and cloud-based applications and working with customers and partners. Collectively, they have coauthored many books and articles and regularly present at conferences, both domestically and internationally.
STEVE FOX is the Director of Developer & Platform Evangelism (DPE) for SharePoint and Windows Azure. He regularly speaks to developers about SharePoint, Offi ce, and cloud development, at both domestic and international conferences. Steve has authored many articles and books, including Beginning SharePoint 2010 Development (Wrox, 2010) and Developing Microsoft SharePoint Applications on Windows Azure (MSPress, 2011). He has worked at Microsoft for 12 years and currently lives in Seattle, Washington.
DONOVAN FOLLETTE is a Sr. Technical Evangelist for Microsoft with more than 25 years of experience developing enterprise business applications on a variety of platforms. He currently specializes in helping to enable developers in building integrated line-of-business (LOB) solutions with Microsoft Offi ce and SharePoint 2010.
GIRISH RAJA is a Technical Evangelist at Microsoft’s Redmond campus. In this role, Girish helps the community learn various development features of SharePoint and provides guidance for building applications using its platform. He also works on demonstrating how well SharePoint integrates with other Microsoft technologies through his blog and various channel9 videos. Prior to this role, he was an Evangelist for Dynamics CRM.
PAUL STUBBS is a Microsoft Technical Evangelist for Azure, SharePoint, and Offi ce, where he focuses on the information worker development community around SharePoint and Offi ce, Silverlight, and cloud computing. He has authored several books on solution development using Microsoft Offi ce, SharePoint, and Silverlight, as well as several articles for MSDN Magazine, and has also spoken at Microsoft Tech-Ed, PDC, SharePoint Conference, DevConnections, and MIX conferences. Paul has also worked as a Senior Program Manager on Visual Studio in Redmond, Washington. Paul is a Microsoft Certifi ed Trainer (MCT) and frequently participates in the developer community on the Microsoft forums. Visit Paul’s blog at blogs.msdn.com/pstubbs for deep SharePoint developer information.Professional SharePoint 2010 Cloud-Based Solutions (255)