Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services
- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (July 19, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849680507
- ISBN-13: 978-1849680509
Manage and maintain your organization’s master data effectively with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services
- Gain a comprehensive guide to Microsoft SQL Server R2 Master Data Services (MDS) with this book and eBook
- Explains the background to the practice of Master Data Management and how it can help organizations
- Introduces Master Data Services, and provides a step-by-step installation guide
- Covers all features of Master Data Services, including hierarchy management, importing/exporting data, the MDS API, and business rules
- Includes practical examples that guide the reader on how to use each feature of the product
Microsoft SQL Server Master Data Services (MDS) enables organizations to manage and maintain business data used to make critical business decisions. MDS is a Master Data Management (MDM) application, which standardizes and streamlines the critical data entities of an organization, essentially centralizing your master data.
A focused, practical tutorial, this book will show you how to manage and maintain your organization’s master data and improve data quality with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services. Using credible techniques and an end-to-end approach, this book will take you through the steps required to implement Master Data Management, enabling business users to standardize and streamline their business data.
This book will enable you to manage and maintain your organization’s master data with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services, covering each feature in a step-by-step manner. The book starts with an overview of Master Data Management. You will then move on to an overview of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services (MDS). The book then dives deep into topics such as installing, configuring, and maintaining Master Data Services, creating and using Models, Version Management, Business Rules, and importing Data into Master Data Services amongst others.
A comprehensive guide to Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services, which uses an end-to-end approach showing you how to implement Master Data Management on the Microsoft platform.
What you will learn from this book :
- Understand the foundational concepts of Master Data Management and SQL Server
- Learn how to install and configure Master Data Services
- Create and populate your first Model
- Learn how to create and manage Hierarchies and Collections
- Extend your Models with User-defined Meta Data
- Control your Master Data Environment through the use of Versions and Flags
- Discover how to import data from a variety of source systems by using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Extend your solution with business rules, e-mail notifications, and SharePoint workflow
- Create custom solutions by utilizing the Master Data Services API
- Feed different source systems by using Subscription Views and BizTalk Server
- Secure your Master Data Services Models with comprehensive MDS security
This is a practical, step-by-step guide to managing and maintaining your master data and improving data quality with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services, with practical examples on how to use each feature.
Who this book is written for
If you are a business and systems analyst or database administrator who wants to manage and maintain your business master data and improve data quality with Microsoft SQL Server Master Data Services, then this book is for you. A basic understanding of Microsoft SQL Server is required. However, knowledge of Master Data Services is not necessarily required.Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services (211)