Mastering SQL Queries for SAP Business One
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (May 24, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849682364
- ISBN-13: 978-1849682367
Utilize the power of SQL queries to bring Business Intelligence to your small to medium-sized business
- Practical SAP query examples from an SAP Business One expert
- Detailed steps to create and troubleshoot SQL queries for Alerts, Approvals, Formatted Searches, and Crystal Reports
- Understand the importance and benefit of keeping SQL queries simple and easy to understand
- Benefit from special tips and tricks related directly to SQL queries within SAP Business One
SAP Business One is an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software which offers an ideal solution for growing small to midsized businesses. For such companies, retrieving the most relevant information from their business data can be key to standing out from the competition. SAP Business One is a rapidly growing software package and this book is timely in giving those businesses an advantage in the area of Business Intelligence. Having SQL query skills in- house is the most important and cost-effective move you can make in this growing field.
This practical guide will provide you with the skills to gain more specific business information from SAP Business One by using SQL queries. It will provide you with solutions for solving complicated report related problems, covering basic tools like the Query Generator and Query Wizard. More advanced content like using queries with Crystal Reports will also be delved into.
SQL query is one of the advanced tools available in SAP Business One which is easily learned and quickly utilized. By referring back to and applying the many examples in this book, you will be able to create and run correct, and therefore effective, SQL queries to help your business.
The book begins by teaching a clear definition of the SQL query, and covers the data dictionary and table links. Coverage will then jump to a higher level of complex SQL queries, discussing features like FMS. Along the way more advanced SQL Query topics will be covered, such as extending the scope of basic SQL queries for more complicated cases. You will ultimately gain in depth query knowledge to bring more Business Intelligence into SAP Business One.
Gain the skills to provide much needed business information within your company with SQL queries for SAP Business One.
What you will learn from this book :
- Quickly get up and running with SAP’s Query Generator and Query Wizard
- Develop best practices for creating SQL queries for use with SAP Business One
- Discover how “keeping it simple” will lead to a better SQL query
- Assign SQL query security within your company
- Learn how to get user queries ready for approval
- Optimize user queries for alerts through step-by-step instruction
- Build special queries for Formatted Search
- Create the core part of the query to utilize the SBO Transaction Notification stored procedure
- Master Query Print Layout design
- Improve your Crystal Reports with SQL queries
- Employ expert-level query methods
- Reduce your learning curve by following real-world examples and expert advice
- Achieve advanced SQL query building and troubleshooting skills
This is a practical guide providing comprehensive solutions for SQL query problems, and is full of concrete real-world examples to help you create and troubleshoot your SQL queries in SAP Business One.
Who this book is written for
If you are a system administrator who uses SQL query as your tool of choice for solving specific problems throughout SAP Business One, then this book is for you. It may also be useful if you are a developer or consultant using this technology, and can benefit end users by improving your search for important business information. A rudimentary knowledge of SAP Business One and SQL Server is required to use this book efficiently. Examples covered are relevant to SBO 2007A users, for which the 8.8 release is mostly compatible. All SQL query examples within the book are verified under SQL Server 2005, so they are guaranteed to run under this release, in addition to SQL Server 2008.
Non-SAP Business One users can also gain knowledge from the many examples throughout the book. It is hard to find another book with so many SQL query examples.Mastering SQL Queries for SAP Business One (280)