JIRA Development Cookbook
- Paperback: 476 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (December 3, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849681805
- ISBN-13: 978-1849681803
Develop and customize plugins, program workflows, work on custom fields, master JQL functions, and more – to effectively customize, manage, and extend JIRA with JIRA Development Cookbook
- Extend and Customize JIRA-Work with custom fields, workflows, Reports & Gadgets, JQL functions, plugins, and more
- Customize the look and feel of your JIRA User Interface by adding new tabs, web items and sections, drop down menus, and more
- Master JQL – JIRA Query Language that enables advanced searching capabilities through which users can search for issues in their JIRA instance and then exploit all the capabilities of issue navigator
- Part of Packt’s Cookbook series: Each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible
JIRA Development Cookbook
JIRA provides issue tracking and project tracking for software development teams to improve code quality and the speed of development.
This book is your one-stop resource to master JIRA extension and customization. You will learn how to create your own JIRA plugins, customize the look and feel of your JIRA UI, work with Workflows, Issues, Custom Fields, and much more.
The book starts with recipes on simplifying the Plugin development process followed by a complete chapter dedicated to the Plugin Framework to master Plugins in JIRA.
Then we will move on to writing custom field plugins to create new field types or custom searchers. We then learn how to program and customize Workflows to transform JIRA into a user-friendly system.
Reporting support in an application like JIRA is inevitable! With so much data spanning across different projects, issues, etc and a lot of project planning done on it, we will cover how to work on reports and gadgets to get customized data according to our needs.
We will then look at customizing the various searching aspects of JIRA such as JQL, searching in plugins, managing filters, and so on.
Then the book steers towards programming Issues, i.e. creating/editing/deleting issues, creating new issue operations, managing the various other operations available on issues via the JIRA APIs etc.
In the latter half of the book, you will learn how to customize JIRA by adding new tabs, menus, and web items, communicate with JIRA via the REST, SOAP or XML/RPC interfaces, and work with the JIRA database.
The book ends with a chapter on useful and general JIRA recipes.
What you will learn from this book :
- Create and deploy your own JIRA plugins
- Deal with Custom Fields on an Issue and program Custom Field Options
- Program and customize Workflows to transform JIRA into a user-friendly system
- Create reports that show statistics for particular people, projects, versions, or other fields within issues
- Simplify reporting by writing your own JIRA Gadgets, which can be added into a user’s dashboard
- Create, edit, and delete Issues
- Master Database handling in JIRA retrieve Issue information from Database, extend the database, retrieve Custom Field details from the database, access database entities from plugins, and more
- Communicate with JIRA via the REST, SOAP or XML/RPC interfaces
This book is part of Packt’s Cookbook series. A Packt Cookbook contains step-by-step recipes for solutions to the most important problems you face when working with a topic.
Inside this Cookbook you will find:
- A straightforward and easy-to-follow format
- A selection of the most important tasks and problems
- Carefully organized instructions for solving the problem efficiently
- Clear explanations of what you did
- Details for applying the solution to other situations
Who this book is written for
If you are a JIRA developer or project manager who wants to fully exploit the exciting capabilities of JIRA, then this is the perfect book for you.JIRA Development Cookbook (179)