iPad All-in-One For Dummies, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 592 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 2nd edition (July 12, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118105354
- ISBN-13: 978-1118105351
The ins and outs of all things iPad and iPad 2-in full color!
Packed with the power of a MacBook, iPod touch, eReader, digital camera, portable game console and so much more, the iPad is an awesome device. And, the business world has certainly taken notice. The iPad is moving into the enterprise where power users and professionals alike are using the device to increase their productivity and work smarter at the office and on the go.
- Six full-color minibooks include: iPad Basics, Just for Fun, iPad on the Go, Getting Productive with iWork, Using iPad to Get Organized, and Must-Have iPad Apps
- Covers the newest iPad 2 features including FaceTime, Photo Booth, Smart Covers, HD video and cameras, video mirroring, and HDMI output
- Shows you how to use iWork and other productivity apps to dress up your documents, create stellar spreadsheets, add pizzazz to your presentations, and maintain your schedule on the run
- Walks you through connecting with WiFi and 3G; using Maps for directions and places to stay when you’re away from the office; keeping in touch with e-mail and social networking; and using your iPad as a remote desktop while you’re on the road
- Includes information on having a little fun, too, with tips on loading your iPad or iPad 2 with music, movies, photos, e-books, games, apps, and more
Long-time iPad All-in-One For Dummies, 2nd Edition author Nancy Muir walks you through the latest functions, features, and capabilities of the iPad and iPad 2 in six easy-to-understand minibooks covering setting up and synching your iPad; using the iWork applications; printing from your iPad; managing your contacts and calendar; accessing your e-mail and the web; making FaceTime video calls; using your iPad as a presentation tool; and finding the best apps for travel, news, weather, finances, and business productivity.
Filled with no-nonsense basics and slick and savvy tips, iPad All-in-One For Dummies, Second Edition is the best accessory you’ll ever buy for your iPad or iPad 2!
From the Back Cover
Your iPad is teeming with tools,tricks, and tons of fun – here’s how to take advantage of them all!
iPad may be easy to use, but there’s more than meets the eye packed into this amazing device. You’re cheating yourself if you don’t learn about all it has to offer. This handy book covers all the features of the iPad and iPad 2 and shows you how to be more productive, find places to go and things to do, get organized, and stay entertained with apps, e-books, movies, and more!
- Just getting started? – Set up your iPad or iPad 2, sync it with your computer, use the cameras, set up e-mail, and surf with Safari
- Have some fun – play music and videos, read e-books, make video calls with FaceTime, take photos, and enjoy awesome games
- Let’s go – get travel directions, find the nearest ATM, and keep in touch with the office from anywhere
- A helping hand – organize your day, make notes, and create documents and presentations using iWork apps
- Feed your App-etite – find the hottest apps for business, finance, travel, entertainment, news, and more
Open the book and find:
- An overview of all the apps you’ll start with
- iPad maintenance and troubleshooting tips
- How to use iPad 2′s front- and rear-facing cameras
- Why the iPad is the ultimate gaming device
- How to connect just about anywhere you go
- Hints for getting things done with iWork
- Tips on printing from your iPad
- Cool social media apps to check out
6 Books in 1
- iPad Basics
- Just for Fun
- iPad on the Go
- Getting Productive with iWork
- Using iPad to Get Organized
- Must-Have iPad Apps
Nancy Muir has written more than 60 books on technology, including all editions of iPad For Seniors For Dummies, and has taught university courses on technical writing and Internet safety. She runs two web sites: TechSmartSenior.com, helping seniors get more from technology, and iPadMadeClear.com, covering all things iPad.iPad All-in-One For Dummies, 2nd Edition (229)