Internet Marketing: An Hour a Day
- Paperback: 600 pages
- Publisher: Sybex; 1st edition (April 5, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470633743
- ISBN-13: 978-0470633748
Proven, task-based approach to developing winning internet marketing campaigns
If you’ve been seeking a practical, day-by-day, do-it-yourself plan for success in your Internet marketing, this is the book for you. The latest in the very popular Hour a Day series, this book gives you step-by-step instruction and clear action plans for all crucial aspects of successful internet marketing: SEO, website optimization, integration of social media and blogs, and pay-per-click strategies. Above all, it shows you how to use analytics effectively, so you can track and understand your results, then course-correct as you need.
Provides step-by-step instruction to help you design, implement, and measure an internet marketing strategy
Uses the empowering and winning approach that has made the books in the Hour a Day series top sellers
Breaks down intimidating topics into approachable, hour-a-day tasks
Covers key topics in step-by-step detail, including SEO, website optimization and usability, analytics, blog integration, social media, and pay-per-click strategies
Offers expert guidance from an experienced and well-known internet marketer, Matt Bailey
Drive targeted traffic to your site, keep them there, and convert them into happy customers with this refreshingly practical, roll-up-your-sleeves guide!
From the Back Cover
Internet Marketing: An Hour a Day: A Step-by-Step Guide
This is the ultimate comprehensive guide to do-it-yourself Internet marketing. Using the popular An Hour a Day approach, this smart, proven plan for Internet marketing success gives you a day-by-day, step-by-step plan that covers all aspects of successful online marketing.
Learn how to optimize your site for users and search engine rankings, craft compelling content, develop winning pay-per-click campaigns, use and react to website analytics, and leverage the power of social media to put your marketing efforts over the top. Inside, find everything you need to increase your website’s rankings, visitors, and sales.
- Evaluate your current website, figure out what you want visitors to do, and set goals
- Understand basic SEO, on- and off-page ranking factors, and keywords
- Create content that converts your visitors to paying customers
- Learn ten old-school sales techniques that work like a charm on websites
- Apply keyword research strategies that will be a foundation for a total marketing plan
- Master the power of the technology-links, redirects, dynamic URLs, e-commerce, and more
- Get control of social media-learn which types work best for you and adapt them to your business
- Take the organic view of pay-per-click marketing and avoid the five biggest PPC mistakes
- Measure with analytics, see what’s working, respond to market trends, and identify improvements
You’ll also find:
- Essential hints, tips, and techniques for everyone from one-person shops to Fortune 500 companies
- Real-world case studies that illustrate successes to learn from and mistakes to avoid
About the Author
Internet marketing expert Matt Bailey is founder and President of SiteLogic Marketing, where he has more than 15 years of experience helping such companies as Goodyear, Hilton International, Samsonite, American Greetings, Proctor & Gamble, Eaton Corporation, and Google create, implement, and measure comprehensive strategies for search engine marketing, website analytics, website usability, and social media. He speaks regularly at such key trade shows as Search Engine Strategies (SES), Direct Marketing Association (DMA), and the American Advertising Federation. He also is an instructor for the DMA’s Online Marketing Academy, an adjunct faculty member at Rutgers University, and faculty member of Market Motive. Matt also serves on the Advisory Board of Search Engine Strategies and maintains a popular blog on Internet marketing (sitelogicmarketing.com/blog).Internet Marketing: An Hour a Day (295)