HTML5 24-Hour Trainer
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Wrox; 1st edition (February 1, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470647825
- ISBN-13: 978-0470647820
HTML5 24-Hour Trainer: Comprehensive written and interactive instruction for learning HTML5
HTML is the core technology for building websites. Today, with HTML5 opening the Internet to new levels of rich content and dynamic interactivity, developers are looking for information to learn and utilize HTML5. HTML5 24-Hour Trainer Wrox provides that information, giving new and aspiring web developers the knowledge they need to achieve early success when building websites.
- Covers the most basic aspects of a web page, including a brief introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Provides lessons that are backed up by professionally created training videos and interactive content to fully illustrate the dynamic nature of HTML5 and the Internet, while also providing a full learning experience
- Combines easy-to-follow lessons with expertly crafted training videos to provide you with both written and interactive instruction for learning HTML5
Written by bestselling author Joseph Lowery and with DVD content created by well-known multimedia and eLearning producer Mark Fletcher, HTML5 24-Hour Trainer brings the new features of HTML5 and the Internet to life unlike any other resource.
From the Back Cover
HTML5 24-Hour Trainer: Easy-to-follow lessons and training videos for learning HTML5
HTML is the core technology for building web sites; the latest version opens the door to new levels of rich content and dynamic interactivity. This easy-to-follow book-and-DVD package is an ideal introduction to HTML5. Featuring straightforward lessons and expertly crafted training videos, this guide imparts the instruction you need to get started creating your own sites. HTML experts Joseph Lowery and Mark Fletcher cover the basic aspects of a web page, discuss the advantages of using CSS, and share examples of real-world web development to provide the foundation you need to start successfully constructing your own sites.
HTML5 24-Hour Trainer:
- Details the new features and capabilities of HTML5 in a unique book-and-DVD combo
- Illustrates the dynamic nature of HTML5 and the Internet
- Features exercise files that are constructed with web standard-compliant code
- Boasts inclusive coverage of CSS to provide you with a more engaging learning experience
- Unveils each lesson in small, easily digestible portions so that you can get the most out of each one
On the DVD
Don’t just learn-do!
The lessons within the book are each accompanied by an instructional demonstration on the DVD-hours of video tutorials!
You’ll learn to:
- Create your first web page with HTML5
- Add a title and meta tag
- Apply CSS to a page and check your CSS in a browser
- Link to a style sheet
- Separate text with headings and set the page font
- Incorporate images in a page
- Wrap text around an image
- Work with bulleted lists
- Build and style a table
- Insert video and audio media
Please see the DVD appendix for details and complete system requirements.
Wrox guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think. Written by programmers for programmers, they provide a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
About the Author
Joseph Lowery is a professional web designer and an internationally bestselling author of such books as Dreamweaver CS5 Bible and Adobe CS4 Web Workflows. He is an Adobe Community Expert and regularly presents at Adobe conferences in U.S. and Europe.
Mark Fletcher, an eLearning Developer specializing in Rapid e-Learning Development, has worked with many blue chip companies and has presented at a number of conferences on e-Learning.HTML5 24-Hour Trainer (268)