Exchange Server 2010 Administration: Real World Skills for MCITP Certification and Beyond (Exams 70-662 and 70-663)
- Paperback: 744 pages
- Publisher: Sybex; 1st edition (November 2, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780470624432
- ISBN-13: 978-0470624432
A soup-to-nuts guide for messaging administrators
Exchange Server is the world’s leading e-mail server software. Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 have made changes that messaging administrators need to know and understand in their daily work with Exchange Server. This Sybex guide focuses on the skills, concepts, technologies, and potential pitfalls that admins in the trenches need to understand. It also provides the information they need to earn MCITP certification.
- Updates in Exchange Server, the world’s leading e-mail server software, require messaging administrators to update their knowledge in order to provide the best possible e-mail solutions
- Highly focused and comprehensive, this guide teaches you to design a highly available e-mail messaging server, install and configure Exchange Server 2010, work with recipients, groups and mailboxes, configure public folders, secure Exchange, and more
- CD includes video walk throughs of more difficult tasks, practice exams, and electronic flashcards.
Exchange Server 2010 Administration: Real World Skills for MCITP Certification and Beyond (Exams 70-662 and 70-663) offers real-world knowledge that messaging admins need every day and helps prepare candidates for the MCITP certification exam.
From the Back Cover
Take Your Career to the Next Level with This Practical Reference
Here’s the information you need to not only prepare for the MCITP certification exams as an Exchange Server 2010 Messaging Administrator, but also to excel in your job. Learn how to design a highly available e-mail messaging solution, install and deploy Exchange Server 2010 SP1, plan for backup and recovery, and much more. This reference explores the real-world tasks and scenarios you’ll face on the job and shows you step by step how to handle them.
- Understand the Exchange Server 2010 administrator’s job
- Explore practical ways to design an e-mail messaging solution
- Learn how to install, configure, and maintain Exchange Server 2010 SP1
- Configure connectors and client access, and work with recipients and mailboxes
- Set up security, including antivirus and anti-spam, and configure message compliance
- Create high availability for client access, hub and edge transport, and more
- Plan for backup and recovery
FEATURED ON THE CD
VIDEO DEMONSTRATIONS: See video walk-throughs for some of the more challenging tasks you’ll face on the job.
PRACTICE EXAMS: Test your knowledge with practice exams that help you prepare for certification.
ELECTRONIC FLASHCARDS: Take advantage of electronic flashcards to reinforce your understanding of key concepts.
Covers the exam objectives for these Exchange Server 2010 exams:
MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Configuring (Exam 70-662)
MCITP: Designing and Deploying Messaging Solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 (Exam 70-663)
Joel Stidley, MCSE, MCTS, is a Microsoft Exchange MVP with over 12 years of IT experience. Currently, he is a Solutions Architect at Terremark Worldwide, Inc. He is the founding member of ExchangeExchange.com, the author of MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Configuration Study Guide, Second Edition (Exam 70-236), and coauthor of Professional Windows PowerShell for Exchange Server 2007 SP1.
Erik Gustafson, MCSE, MCSA, has over nine years of IT consulting experience and is currently a Solutions Architect for Terremark Worldwide, Inc. A contributing author to MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure Configuration Study Guide, he is also a content provider for uCertify.com.Exchange Server 2010 Administration: Real World Skills for MCITP Certification and Beyond (Exams 70-662 and 70-663) (849)