- Paperback: 248 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (July 1, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849690383
- ISBN-13: 978-1849690386
Move beyond basic Cocoa development using over 70 simple and effective recipes for Mac OS X development
- Develop Cocoa applications using advanced UI concepts
- Implement the latest Objective-C features and incorporate them into your applications
- Debug Cocoa applications using advanced tools and techniques
- Add advanced animation and multimedia to your Cocoa applications
The cookbook provides a comprehensive overview of Cocoa’s more popular UI components found in all Mac OS X applications. It has recipes for building custom views, adding support for gestures and working with keyboard and mouse events. There are recipes for using singleton, delegation, and factory design patterns in your own application’s architecture. Alongside essential recipes for working with databases and debugging you will also find fun recipes covering animation and multimedia. The Cocoa and Objective-C Cookbook will quickly bring you up to speed with advanced technologies used to build complex applications for Mac OS X.
Much of Cocoa is implemented in Objective-C, an object-oriented language that is designed to run at high speed. In order to build powerful Cocoa applications you need more than the basics. This cookbook will provide you with the recipes needed to add Core Animation, gestures, Key Value Coding, and QuickTime to your appilications.