- Paperback: 236 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (May 23, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849514968
- ISBN-13: 978-1849514965
Over 100 recipes to master using the Nginx HTTP server and reverse proxy
- Quick recipes and practical techniques to help you maximize your experience with Nginx
- Interesting recipes that will help you optimize your web stack and get more out of your existing setup
- Secure your website and prevent your setup from being compromised using SSL and rate-limiting techniques
- Get more out of Nginx by using it as an important part of your web application using third-party modules
- Full of illustrations and diagrams to help you implement your web needs with Nginx, with focus on practical examples
Nginx is an open source high-performance web server, which has gained quite some popularity recently. Due to its modular architecture and small footprint, it has been the default choice for a lot of smaller Web 2.0 companies for use as a load-balancing proxy server. It supports most of the existing back-end web protocols like FCGI, WSGI, and SCGI. This book is for you if you want to have in-depth knowledge of the Nginx server.
Nginx 1 Web Server Implementation Cookbook covers the whole range of techniques that would prove useful for you in setting up a very effective web application with the Nginx web server. It has recipes for lesser-known applications of Nginx like a mail proxy server, streaming of video files, image resizing on the fly, and much more.