- Paperback: 424 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (May 16, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849683441
- ISBN-13: 978-1849683449
Extract, Transform, and Load data to build a dynamic, operational data warehouse
- Build a working data warehouse from scratch with Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Cover techniques in Extracting, Transforming, and Loading data into your data warehouse
- Use a multi-dimensional design with an underlying relational star schema
- This second edition covers great new features of 11gR2 such as the new user interface and a whole new chapter on code templates that implement knowledge module functionality from Oracle Data Integrator
In today’s economy, businesses and IT professionals cannot afford to lag behind the latest technologies. Data warehousing is a critical area to the success of many enterprises, and Oracle Warehouse Builder is a powerful tool for building data warehouses. It comes free with the latest version of the Oracle database.
Written in an accessible, informative, and focused manner, this book will teach you to use Oracle Warehouse Builder to build your data warehouse. Covering warehouse design, the import of source data, the ETL cycle and more, this book will have you up and running in next to no time.