Building PHP Applications with Symfony, CakePHP, and Zend Framework
- Paperback: 576 pages
- Publisher: Wrox; 1st edition (March 8, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470887346
- ISBN-13: 978-0470887349
The first detailed, unbiased comparison of the three leading PHP frameworks
Web developers have been eager for an impartial comparison of leading PHP frameworks so they can make educated decisions about the most effective tool for their needs. This guide uses Symfony, CakePHP, and Zend Framework to solve key problems, providing source code examples and comparisons for each. It explains the approach and reviews the similarities and differences in the three frameworks, providing reliable information on which to base your decisions.
- Symfony, CakePHP, and Zend Framework are considered the leading PHP frameworks; developers need an unbiased comparison to choose which one works best for their individual situations
- This guide uses each framework to solve the same problems, illustrating the solutions with source code examples and working applications
- Covers wide range of topics, from installation and configuration to most advanced features like AJAX, web services and automated testing.
- Includes an appendix of new PHP frameworks, including CodeIgniter, Lithium, and Agavi
- Bestselling PHP author Elizabeth Naramore serves as technical editor
Comparison of PHP Web Frameworks provides the impartial, side-by-side comparison that developers have been looking for.
From the Back Cover
The first unbiased comparison of the three leading PHP frameworks
Although it’s relatively easy to learn how to use a single PHP framework to produce dynamic web pages, it’s not easy to decide which of the three major web application frameworks will best suit your needs. To that end, this resource offers you an unbiased, in-depth comparison of the three most popular open source frameworks: Symfony, CakePHP, and Zend Framework. The authors present a detailed examination of the similarities and differences of the three frameworks, providing similar examples and tasks for each framework so that you can decide for yourself which framework is right for you.
Building PHP Applications with Symfony, CakePHP, and Zend Framework:
- Presents an invaluable comparative approach to the pros and cons of Symfony, CakePHP, and Zend Framework and shows you how to solve problems using each of them
- Addresses the standard elements used in common tasks such as forms, mailing, searching, security, and templates
- Explores advanced features such as AJAX, plug-ins, Web Services, content management services, and internationalization
- Demonstrates how to use various testing tools for quality assurance and increasing performance
- Looks at younger, up-and-coming frameworks such as CodeIgniter, Lithium, and Agavi
Wrox guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think. Written by programmers for programmers, they provide a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.Building PHP Applications with Symfony, CakePHP, and Zend Framework (479)