Alfresco 3 Cookbook
- Paperback: 380 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (July 26, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 184951108X
- ISBN-13: 978-1849511087
Over 70 recipes for implementing the most important functionalities of Alfresco
- Easy to follow cookbook allowing you to dive in wherever you want
- Convert ideas into action using practical based recipes
- A comprehensive collection of alfresco recipes covering the API, Freemarker templates, external integration, web client, and much more
This Alfresco 3 cookbook boasts a comprehensive selection of recipes covering everything from the basics to the advanced. The book has recipes for quickly installing Alfresco in Windows and Linux and helping you use custom content model, rules, and search. There is also a collection of recipes focused on creating Scripts, Freemarker templates, Web Scripts, and new workflow definitions. Steps to integrate Alfresco with other systems like MS-Office are also included. You will be able to use Alfresco’s File and Email servers. Finally, step-by-step recipes are presented to create an Alfresco build environment and compile the source code. This Alfresco 3 Cookbook is perfect for developers looking to start working on Alfresco quickly, gain complete understanding, write custom implementations, and achieve expertise very easily.
Alfresco is the renowned and multiple award winning open source Enterprise content management system which allows you to build, design, and implement your very own ECM solutions.
You have read a number of tutorials, blogs, and books on Alfresco. Now you’re in the real world, trying to use Alfresco, but you’re running into problems with it. This is the book you want. Packed full of solutions that can be instantly applied, this cookbook with its practical based recipes and minimal explanation meets that demand.
What you will learn from this book :
- Configure your Alfresco server all without direct installer
- Create, arrange, manage, secure, search, and expose content
- Make your content storage business rules aware
- Troubleshoot and integrate Alfresco with other enterprise systems and applications
- Write your own services and solutions using Alfresco APIs
- Integrate with your corporate systems and build an enterprise solution environment with Alfresco
Written in a cookbook style, this book offers solutions using a recipe based approach. Each recipe contains step-by-step instructions followed by an analysis of what was done in each task and other useful information.
Who this book is written for
If you are a software developer interested in content management systems, who wants to work with Alfresco or is already experienced in Alfresco, this cookbook will get you up and running quickly. If you want rapid implementation of Alfresco’s most important and effective features then this is the cookbook for you.Alfresco 3 Cookbook (227)