3ds Max 2012 Bible
- Paperback: 1312 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1st edition (August 9, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118022203
- ISBN-13: 978-1118022207
3ds Max 2012 Bible
3ds Max 2012 Bible is one of the most popular 3ds Max how-tos on the market. If you’re a beginner just itching to create something right away, the Quick Start project in Part 1 is for you. If you’re an experienced user checking out 3ds Max 2012′s latest and greatest features, you’ll love the fact that the 3ds Max 2012 Bible continues to be the most comprehensive reference on this highly complex application. Find out what’s new, what’s tried and true, and how creative you can get using the tips, tricks, and techniques in this must-have guide. Don’t miss the 16-page color insert with examples from cutting-edge 3D artists, as well as the DVD packed with all kinds of extras.
- Loaded with expert advice, timesaving tips, and more than 150 step-by-step tutorials
- Highlights the work of some of today’s most cutting-edge 3D artists in a 16-page color insert
- Includes a companion DVD with all examples from the book, including unique models and texture that you can customize
- DVD also features 500 pages of extra content from previous editions of the 3ds Max 2012 Bible, including a set of Quick Start tutorials
3ds Max 2012 Bible: Updated version of the bestselling 3ds Max book on the market
If you want to gain 3ds Max 2012 skills, whether you’re just beginning or not, this is the book you need to succeed.
From the Back Cover
Covers both 3ds Max 2012 and 3ds Max 2012 Design
3ds Max 2012 Bible: The book for all things 3ds Max
Whether you’re a beginner in search of 3D basics or a veteran animator seeking timesaving tips, the new edition of this perennial favorite is the perfect 3ds Max book for you. Packed with the very latest features, professional techniques, and over 150 step-by-step tutorials, it will help you quickly build your skills. Find out what’s new, what’s tried and true, and how creative you can get with this must-have guide.
- Jump right into animation with the new Quick Start tutorial
- Create optimized procedural substance textures that are a fraction of the size of bitmaps
- Sculpt and model faster and easier with new Graphite Modeling tools
- Create custom character rigs with the CAT (Character Animation Toolkit)
- Send scenes to Mudbox, MotionBuilder, or Softimage automatically
- Take the guesswork out of rendering with the iray progressive renderer
- View physics simulations with the new MassFX system
Lay siege to a castle wall and animate with MassFX
Achieve results more quickly with Nitrous viewport options
Create stylized effects with ink, pastel, or graphite
What’s on the CD-ROM?
You’ll find before-and-after example files for every tutorial in the book, as well as:
- Unique models and textures to customize for your own designs
- 13 bonus chapters and 10 bonus Quick Starts from past editions
System Requirements: See the CD appendix for details and complete system requirements.
Also in the Book
- A 16-page full-color insert highlighting cutting-edge work from 3ds Max artists
- Examples and content from the book
- Models and textures you can customize
- New 10 bonus Quick Starts and 13 bonus chapters!
- 16-page full-color insert with cutting-edge examples
Jump in right away with a new Quick Start
Design for film, TV, games, and visualization
Learn to model, animate, render, and more
About the Author